Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Willow Beach

When an appointment was cancelled on July 5th we decided to take advantage of our time together. My  kids and I agreed that an afternoon at Willow Beach on Lake Simcoe would be a great way to beat the heat. We put on bathing suits under our shorts,  found sunscreen, hats, beach towels, chairs, drinks and snacks and climbed into the SUV. The youngest was this day's driver. Ipod set to favourite tunes and we were off. From our home to it's a 45 minute lovely drive through the countryside to the sandy beach. It's a popular place because once in the water you can walk out quite a ways without any sudden drops.
The very hot air convinced us to splash into the water almost immediately. We amused ourselves with frisbee games right in the lake. Buddy is an excellent player. He's also a mighty good swimmer. We returned home happy and in time for a tasty BBQ prepared by Mr.K. The heat wave will carry on for four more days. We'll stay cool with fond memories of that time at the beach and a bit of AC Kleinste Motte.

7 comments:

  1. Hi There, Your family trip to the beach looked like lots of fun... Since it's so hot here, I'd love to be at the beach right now myself. Glad you had a wonderful time.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a great day. It was quite hot for me here today but for the most part our weather has been mild. Suits me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great underwater shot. Makes me feel cooler as I think it will be 100 again by 3 p.m.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful day. I'm more relaxed just having read that. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, sounds like a perfect summer's day indeed! Wonderful memories indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool, so you have an underwater digital camera?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm definitely ready to go to the beach with all of this heat. I really like your underwater shot.

    ReplyDelete