Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Not so much SKIN


Today it's going is another very warm humid day but Buddy remains cheerful. After a quick cool bath with various moisturizing oils Buddy sits for an hour applying some more skin products. Sometimes he will do this twice daily. Why? He has PSORIASIS, an skin condition the has no known cure. He has it on 80% of his body. Although we are stuck with a huge mess the fills the three stick vacuums daily and we must clean a lot , we dare not complain. He suffers the direct discomfort of his overactive skin production that has him itching and at times complaining of pain when it gets too cracked. Rather we admire his willingness to deal with it and smile too. He has had this disorder for 9 years. He hasn't given up hope his good skin will reappear. HOPE!!!
Tomorrow he will have his birthday. He hopes to have a party and he knows someone will give him a present, maybe a 3D movie. He is hoping to have another great birthday Kleinste Motte.

PS. If you know of any solutions for psoriasis we'd love to hear from you.
     That might become the best birthday present ever.



6 comments:

  1. What a challenge for Buddy! The fact that he remains cheerful and willing to deal with it says a lot about his personality.

    Happy birthday to him!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry buddy suffers with this terrible skin condition. I don't know of any cures but you never know when they might find one. Does calamine help?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless his heart. I wish I knew of something to help him. Gery

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel for him. I have eczema and I don't bother with creams and stuff cuz they don't help me. I feel for Buddy but love his attitude. I'm sending Happy Birthday wishes to the birthday boy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. my daughter in law suffers from this disease and has for years, she has been to numerous doctors and taken many drugs, even 6 months of low dose chemo. nothing helps. she is on disaiblity since she can not hold down a job. her feet bleed and crack and her fingers sometimes can not be used. If someone comes up with something for you, let me know. I am so sorry Buddy has to suffer this way. Have a great birtday party

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry. I wished I knew a solution to pass on. He certainly sounds like a trooper!

    ReplyDelete