Thursday, September 9, 2010

Under the Weather

It's suddenly very cool. After all the heat this cool weather is a bit too cool. too quickly. Sadly Buddy has taken ill. When he's ill we worry because his immune system is weak. I will be taking him to the doc to  get him checked. I want to be sure that his lungs are clear. Pneumonia is always a risk. Sadly I'm sniffling too. School has begun and so has the season to catch those nasty bugs. The expression "under the weather" must have come about because we like to blame the weather for many of our malfunctions, right?

6 comments:

  1. I think cool weather is all around. I have sneezes also. Please take it easy and Buddy too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry to hear Buddy is sick, i just said a prayer for you and buddy. i have seen 3 people in the past few days with summer colds. it starts when school starts, the people that have them have contact with children. i wonder where buddy got his? hope you both feel better soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO sorry to hear Buddy is sick! Hope he recovers soon and you are healthy soon as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sorry that Buddy is sick. Did you know that the change in weather does not actually make anyone sick? The only way we become ill is from viruses and bacteria. However, the change in weather can change how we feel emotionally and I do think that can bring on illness. Does Buddy get the flu shot? I find with the flu shot every year I get less colds. my immune system is compromised as well from all the autoimmune illnesses I have. I hope he feels better and you too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sorry to hear about Buddy --and also about you. Hope both of you feel better SOON.... Take care of yourself.

    Hugs and Prayers,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was sorry to read that Buddy was under the weather. Hope this finds him well!

    ReplyDelete