Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Heidi (Part 1)

His fingers danced across the keys as he played his old favourites from memory. He had not played his Hohner in quite a while. It was a fitting way to end a lovely Sunday. I drifted to sleep at the sound of those familiar tunes.
" Heidi! Heidi!"
A shrilling scream echoed in my ears. Was I dreaming?
I struggled to awaken my senses
"HEIDI!"
Again,  "Heidi! Heidi!"
I threw the covers off me and glanced over at my little sister who was sound asleep in her bed.
Was I dreaming? Was I really hearing that shouting?

3 comments:

  1. Give me more...give me more.... I have heard of a Hohner--but am not sure what it is... Is it an accordian--or harmonica?????

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had forgotten Heidi. as a child I read it over and over, it has been many years since i even thought of that story.

    ReplyDelete