Monday, August 9, 2010

Monday Rain

It's pouring at the moment.
Tomorrow will mark my first year of blogging and it rained that day! While I love the refreshed air after a rainfall, I recognize that this year the rain has created some extreme disasters globally. It is very sad to see water wash away the homes and loved ones. And there are the ugly mud slides and avalanches. It must be horrific. It makes me feel so sad and helpless as I sit here typing away.  I'm not in danger at this time but isn't that the way we think about our daily life? Tomorrow will follow as usual. But nay it may not. Each moment alive is a gift. Every breath is a gift. Water is gift. The raindrops pitter on the windowpane as I reach for a cold glass of water and give thanks. I pray for those who are faced with suffering. I pray that they feel there's hope. I hope Kleinste Motte.

2 comments:

  1. A wonderful post and a wonderful prayer. I join with you in praise and prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree with everything you said, it is very sad to see all of this going on all over the world. and you are so right, today we maybe be ok, tomorrow we do not know

    ReplyDelete