Tuesday, August 10, 2010

HEART or B12

Until one experiences a change, one is not likely to fully understand it. Having taught little ones, raised and guided older ones and having studied Buddy with the greatest intensity, I believe we must each pass through similar processes to truly get an understanding that reaches deep into our core. I've heard my heart beating for years but wonder why it is only now that I admire it's rhythm. I've struggled with a very irregular beat  lately and the doctor just could not find a typical cause. Pills didn't give much relief. Maybe I didn't have a strong enough faith in them? The irony lies in the fact that my daughter decided to try some B12 supplements because she had trouble sleeping. She encouraged me to try them. I did. After a week of feeling very tired I now feel much better and so does my heart. Who would have thought such a little thing could impact so greatly? How did the doctor miss this little connection? A simple blood test for B12 is available. Seems I just didn't fall into the category of one who might be in the low range. Experience is a valuable tool but it needs to be applied at the right moment and fine tuning it is very tricky. Life's like that.
Ahh... experience! One year of blogging has led to some amazing new understanding of the my need for developing the skill to share ideas at a completely different level and with a totally different audience than I could have imagined. It can send me into fits of laughter and tears of woe at speeds that instil awe in me. I an able to feel child like happiness and the deepest woe all wrapped up in the words and pictures posted by friends who are miles away yet seem almost across from my front door. Neighbours. Friendly ones!!
What is it that grabs me so? Almost daily I want to read posts. Why? My experience suggests it may be my way of being an elder. It is the elders that spend their days sharing their experiences. It has been that way for centuries so it must be part of the process of moving on. I wonder if B12 could give Charlie a bit of extra time? His breathing is too laboured. And as I type this Leonard Cohen's "Halleluia" plays in the background and my eyes moisten as I recall the cartoon Charlie posted. And I get goose bumps and shivers. Oh Martha! Wendy too! Her David recently moved on and she is very saddened. 
Brenda is my first follower and mentor who encourages me and now there are many others. One year has taken me down a path that has brought much to my spirit. I an humbled by the path that you all journey on and are willing to share. What could be more fulfilling than that trying to grasp those experiences and reaching into ones own core? As Kleinste Motte I thank you all for the privilege.

7 comments:

  1. The B12 sounds like it has really helped you!

    Congratulations on one year of blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful and heartwarming thoughts on your one year of the blogging adventure. I share your love and awe of blogging friends and their stories. This internet thing is truly amazing. I'm so grateful that the B12 is also working for you. May it continue to give you energy to keep up with Buddy and your blogging adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my dear blogger friend,
    I have loved getting to know you and your family.
    I am so impressed by how much you progressed. I am amazed that it has been one year already.

    I think it is the need to express oneself and to reach out to others that is the intrigue of the blog world.

    It is the thrill of connecting with someone who shares your interests or dislikes, as we did over our first exchange regarding Julie and Julia.

    It is just the comfort of knowing that you have a friend out there.

    My greatest blogger joy is when you decided to post on days that were sunny as well as rainy. Oh how much we would have missed if you only chose to post on rainy days.

    Congratulations on one year!

    My husband swears by vitamins. B vitamins are important to take as a complex b/c they work together. I have learned over the years that doctors sometimes overlook the obvious.

    Take care and keep on blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning Friend. I am so glad you are doing better. I don't know much about B 12, but I have been hearing my daughters promoting it. Maybe I need to listen closer.

    Congratulations on your wonderful year of bloging. I hope you find years more pleasure in it. :) I enjoy it very much.

    I always enjoy reading your entries.

    Gerry

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have noticed a big change in your post in the short time we have been connected. this post today is very insightful and made me do a lot of thinking. my doctor put me on B12 about 6 months ago, my mouth and tongue were bothering me. guess what, one month of B12 and it stopped. amazing what vitamins can do and i am glad you found it.
    i feel the same way you do about blog friends and also the same as the comments made today. keep snapping and blogging

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi There, We have enjoyed getting to know you also.. I know what all you all have been through --and that makes me admire you even more. You are an inspiration to ME...

    I swear by Vitamins. When I have a problem ---I go online and search for vitamins which will help a certain symptom. 99% of the time, the Vitamins help...

    Doctors (for the most part) don't seem to know much about vitamins. Our doctor did add Niacin to George's daily routine --which brought down his Cholesterol.. SO--we all need to do our research when it comes to our health and vitamins.

    Glad the Vit. B12 is helping you.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know that B-vitamins are sometimes given to boost one's energy.

    ReplyDelete