Thursday, August 12, 2010

Ipod Touch 'n Granny


Yesterday I reset the ipod touch my daughter donated to me. She switched to a blackberry phone, transferred her data and she no longer needed it. I thought I would not find any use for it but was curious to see what it can do.  I spent almost an entire day trying to figure it out and loading some of my data onto it. The first big hurdle was that both my mac and the ipod needed updates. That took time. Then I had to configure the wifi so it would respond to my itunes account. I was able to place my gmail as my choice for my email account. Finally I did a sync with the itunes I had purchased. Then I had to figure out how to play my tunes. With the headset on over my ears  listening to Yanni, I wondered if I could read my blog on this ipod. I set the browser to google and typed in the title, ChezKleinsteMotte. The first picture shows my result. Then I wondered how, with my limited vision, the type would be. Too tiny for me to read but I soon discovered the setting was adjustable.
Who knew that a granny type like me could derive so much satisfaction from figuring out these things? After all it's all about today's geek world. And of course the photos you see were taken with my Rebel Kleinste Motte.

8 comments:

  1. Wow---I'm so proud of you!!!!! My hubby has an iPod Touch ---and used to use it come when answering comments when we were on vacation. NOW though---he has an iPad... It is much larger than the touch and has a 'regular' keyboard... He loves it... He still uses his 'touch'---but mostly for music when he works in the yard.

    SO---your next purchase should be an iPad... I need one because you can make the print much larger ---which would help me! George absolutely LOVES his iPad....

    I'm proud of you --learning all of this stuff!!!!! You are doing GREAT.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you can do all of that, just don't count yourself out, not yet! You are doing better than I am. My husband upgraded my simple little flip Samsung phone to an LG enV® TOUCH and it is way too much phone for me, still don't know it's features. My monthly payment even went up quite a bit. At least I can blog from anywhere and that counts. :) Gerry

    ReplyDelete
  3. We always tell the children at school that you must be a life-long learner. With the technology world, this has never proven so true. My mother always loved technology. She tried to learn so much, and was quite good at the computer.

    You are obviously a very intelligent woman, who knows the importance of always learning.

    My dad use to say, "you learn something new every day." I always loved that comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You've done a great job in learning all about gadgets. I cannot figure out an Ipod, will have to have my daughter teach me. I am amazed though by all of the new gadgets available to us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The brain is a muscle, they say. :-)

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  6. i have no idea what an I I pod touch or and I pad. is it a phone? or does it just play music? you did really good to figure it out. i like learning new things like that and figuring them out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just got an i=phone for a gift, I am enjoying figuring it out. Now I check my e-mail in the morning while I have my coffee, check the weather, etc. I am still learning how to use it, by the time I get it figured out it will probably be obsolete.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Be very careful. I discovered the iPod touch about a year ago and become totally addicted. I have now graduated to an iPhone but the principle is the same and the fun is just as infectious. As the young say : a great piece of kit.

    ReplyDelete