Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Green Cycle

There's no rain in the forecast but there are a few a few fluffy clouds dotted here and there. Yesterday my buddy and I went to Canadian Tire to buy a new DVD player. As we strolled towards the cash we walked past the huge display of bikes. We were attracted to them. So many varieties. Several shoppers were evaluating them. The attendant saw us eyeing one and was quick to offer his assistance. He pulled a bike from rack at our request and left. He went to help another customer. Smart! A shiny green cycle was is our clutches. Buddy sat on it. I sized him up on it. A perfect fit. Yup, I was hooked. I knew that we would be adding it to our purchase. It was assembled and ready to go. Only one final adjustment correcting the tire pressure was needed and done by our sales attendant. We needed a pump and a helmet. It didn't take us long to pick one that fit well and looked nice. We chose a white colour. As we payed we learned  about a "no tax sales promotion" on bikes. Lucky us! We walked our new green cycle to the SUV, packed it in and headed to Swiss Chalet. We ordered take out and headed home. Our green cycle was transferred from the SUV to the front hall to be admired as we ate, talked and laughed. Buddy said it was a great celebration. At bedtime Green Cycle was moved to the garage.
Today we're going to launch Green Cycle on it's inaugural run. We'll take a movie of this event and view it on the DVD player that led us to our shiny green cycle.
Spring is fun KleinsteMotte.

4 comments:

  1. Green Cycle....I like the pun. Did you write it on purpose?

    I suspect that the sales tax was waived to promote the concept of green and being nice to our environment, so you have a Green cycle. Enjoy, and maybe you can post your video and we can see the launch of the new bike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still need to capture Green Cycle and Buddy on the video cam and then learn how to post it here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi There, Thanks for commenting on my blog. I am enjoying yours. I was a teacher also for awhile--before going into fulltime church work in Christian Education..

    So you only post when it rains???? That's funny... I have too much to say --if I waited for rain!!!! ha....

    Bet you all will enjoy your new "Green Cycle"... Will you ride it also ---if you can get Buddy OFF of it???? ha ha.. I haven't been on a bike in WAY too many years... Not sure I could do it now!!!! Besides, we have nothing but HILLS around here. I'd be walking it half the time... ha

    Come back to my blog anytime and I'll return to yours...

    Have a great day... You can post today. It's RAINING here... ha

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you rode the cycle yet?

    We had lots of rain here today. I'm guessing not n your area.

    ReplyDelete