Sunday, April 18, 2010

Clouds of Ash

When I think of clouds I think of rain. But these days there are clouds of ash hovering all over Europe and moving eastward. The clouds have crippled air traffic. This has brought a whole new line of disaster to the industry. It's economic effects will be vast.  An unfamiliar suffering is associated with it. Patience is being tested in a new way. So far there is little global help to those affected because this is a first in a new natural disaster. Little is known of its effects yet it will cost many millions in lost revenue. It is affecting many countries and many businesses because air freight is at a halt. I can only imagine how all the ash clouds are floating silently high above in a jet stream unaware of the doom they are causing!
What can be done KleinsteMotte?

3 comments:

  1. Yes, I saw this on television this morning. My daughter, who already is convinced that the end of the world is near, was very upset by it. It is scary. Of course, I heard about it first, but you don't really appreciate how horrible it is until you actually see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there,
    You commented one a giveaway post of mine and wondered about marketing your blog and gaining readership. I think it all depends on what you want your blog to be. I rarely do giveaways and when I do it does add a few more followers but not A WHOLE lot in the long run. In this case, the publisher offered so I said Sure why not?
    Compared to many I am pretty low key. I don't do a lot of the daily posts taht some do. I just do my reviews. I've been blogging since last July and the followers/reader I have gained slowly but surely! My advice would be to continue following and reading others and commenting. People will begin to notice and want o read what you write. Though the number of followers, when high, looks nice, it's the consistent handful of sincere comments that mean the most to me!
    Have you discovered Book Blogs.ning? That helps too!
    Take care,
    michelle
    Red Headed Book Child

    ReplyDelete