Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Drizzle

It's drizzling. I took my buddy and together we walked and talked. We headed in the direction of the pond in the park, Because it is early spring the growth around the pond is barely visible. The brush and old grasses hide it. But the wild life is returning. You can hear all sorts of chirps coming from the area. We listened and tried to guess which creature's sound we were hearing. Most of our guesses remained just that. Neither of us have the knowledge to be accurate. We strolled towards the playground. Today there were no families with their little ones. Seems they don't opt to bring their tots when there's visible moisture in the air. Too bad !! I bet the tikes would have enjoyed being out and about!! They usually don't mind a few droplets of water. Parents tend to believe kids should remain dry and they tend to teach this idea to their tots. Not sure why because they'll take them for swimming lessons even in the deep of winter! 
At the playground we stare at the empty swings and giggle. We have the same thought. Let's swing a bit! Hastily I pull out a tissue and wipe the seats a bit to reduce the accumulated water. Next we both mount a swing and start pumping. What a thrill! In no time we are racing to be the highest. As the tummy tickles from the motion I squeal with pleasure. We exchange giggles and swing on for some time silently.  Ahhh.. A sudden thought, "I wonder if I still know how to jump."
I assess my height, adjust my feet and prepare to jump. Then I call out, " I'm going to jump." 
I launch myself into the air feeling my body lurch forward. Quickly! My feet hit the cushioned turf and I let out, "I did it!"  As I turn to look back at the swing I see my buddy launching himself into the air. He lands with a huge grin across his face. He knows just how great it feels to relive that childish joy of flying and feeling free. We continue our walk on around the pond knowing something good had just happened. The drizzle was our invitation to reconnected with fun times KleinsteMotte.

3 comments:

  1. The recent sun and the current rain have inspired the neighbour's magnolia tree to start blooming. It is a magnificent sight! The birds are returning to the bird bath also, and the cardinals are calling and singing for their mates. Sounds beautiful and relaxing. Swinging certainly sounds liberating - haven't done it in years! Fond memories of youth, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love walking in the rainy drizzle, but my husband hates getting wet. He is a big baby about rain. Love the idea of jumping off the swing. It is so refreshing to be able to do something we did when we were younger.

    It drizzled here this morning and that's why I came over to check your blog. The rain reminded me to see what you are up to.

    Good luck with test!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sure feels nice to be thought of even when it drizzles. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete