Thursday, May 5, 2011

Reception

     For some time now I've had trouble feeling inspired to blog. I was surprised that others were also noticing a slum. Perhaps we have just been flooded with too much sadness in the media? The weather's been bad for so long too and it's continuing. Rain and more rain. Flooding. Global warming? Absolutely!


  
     For the weekend I'm on my way to Winnipeg for my niece's wedding reception, to follow up the Mexican vow exchange from January. Our family was fortunate be able to attend it then. Hubby and I shall be going this event without the kids. Not having travelled without Buddy for years, we've decided to make up to him for he's sad. We hope to fly with him to Florida later this month. It's his wish and we would like to honour it.

     Mother's Day this year will mean mom's not home with her own kids but the nieces have a plan to spoil their auntie this time. And everyone is okay with this plan. I'll take my Rebel and try to find some special moments to capture. Never having been to that city, I hope to be surprised. May a change of scenery put some new life back into me. I need to refresh. Hope this will do it.

6 comments:

  1. I hope the change of scenery will be good for you. I know what you mean, though. Since I cut my blogging back from almost daily to three times a week, it's much more fun. Have a great Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like a lovely adventure, and a change of scenery. I look forward to hearing about it on your return.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is wonderful you get to take this trip. I have a feeling it is exactly what you need!

    ReplyDelete
  4. have fun and i can't wait to see what you get with the Rebel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you will feel refreshed by your trip too. If not, going to Florida might do it. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. We all need a change of scenery from time to time. Mine's coming very soon.

    ReplyDelete