Monday, November 29, 2010

Family

This was a great weekend. My hubby's relatives from the US came up to visit over the long weekend. We were so happy to have such a heart warming gathering. Ages four through seventy-six all melted together in fun and joyous celebration. We slept in and stayed up late. Laughter rang throughout the house. I caught hubby reading and singing with his two little grand nieces as if they were his grand kids. He loves them so because they are keen to be with him. And his nieces did so much home cooking for him. It was in over abundance. We gathered around the dining table and quickly spilled over into the living room as we enjoyed every moment. No one was unhappy. Once they departed the house felt less cosy. I'm lucky to have family that can share time, energy and fun!!

6 comments:

  1. you are really blessed to have family, i only have one brother in another state and see him and his family every 2 or 3 years. enjoy while you can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that sounds like a wonderful family gathering. I am also fond of my grand niece so I understand that part, too. I felt like I was there from your description!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful gathering! Glad it was a good one for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a great family-time. You are blessed!

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's nothing better than to have family together... I'm so glad they came to visit you... What JOY..
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful you were surrounded by family. Nothing better than to have loved ones near.

    ReplyDelete