Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Entanglement

This scene had me wondering about the interdependence of all life forms and all their entanglements. Old tree trunks bent and twisted are the remaining beauties of a former dairy farm, parts of it having been left as greenland amongst new suburban sprawl. Isn't it a great concept? In this space one can find lots of decaying matter. I am fascinated by all the wild growth intertwined within that space. The best part is I am able to walk there, study it's loveliness while taking in breaths of refreshing cool air. Today I did not go there and a sadness looms in my heart. This morning my eye sight was distorted with drops. Then came the measurements. Finally I was given the news that an implanted lens in my left eye had shifted. It's what's causing some of my recent visual stress so I've been referred back to the surgeon who gave me the implant but with a caution that it might cause the retina too much stress. While it seems it may be possible to realign the lens, I worry because it happens to be the eye that has been saved twice before. Is a third time going to be the undoing of my good fortune? My faith needs to be stronger daily for I am older now. Having had the recent stresses of a house fire and cancer I will have to have much more fortitude to get through another eye 'revision'. 
Entanglement? Quantum physics and much higher maths? How does it apply here?

8 comments:

  1. Oh, I hope it works out. Nothing is as important as being able to see well... I'll be thinking of you and sending you good thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dear friend, I truly hope, believe and will be praying that your precedure be successful. Gerry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear, K, to suffer a third assault on your eye, after all these other difficulties. Hopefully all will be well. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The fact that we are entangled as you say, means we are not alone. So we are with you and holding your hand during this ordeal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry to hear this, I pray the 3rd time will be the charm. I like tangled vines and trees and flowers like this, find them in the woods here and stand in awe that they all live their lives tangled together. much like people are tangled together. hugs and good wishes

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will add you to my prayers.

    My mother suffers from macular degeneration and has to get a needle in her eye every 5 weeks. I don't know how she does it! I know, if worse came to worst, I could not.

    I hope all goes well for you, K.

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry to hear about your latest eye problem. I hope and pray they can realign the lens for you.... I'll keep you in my prayers.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some profound thoughts here about life and how we live it. I will be thinking about you and sending prayers your way.

    ReplyDelete