Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Hummingbird

This tattoo was done this past weekend by SMK, the tattoo artist in my family. She's a beginner and is still apprenticing. Her client wanted this bird. Now there's a twist to this post. Yesterday a former student and friend of mine found me on Face Book. She also found my daughter and became her friend. I have fond memories of TFB. She used to babysit Buddy after school, a big help for me and some pocket money for her. After my daughter was born we moved away. Now years later we are together again. Having four grown sons her oldest son(23)expressed a wish to join the two of us at a reunion luncheon. TFB thinks my daughter should give her son his first tattoo. With three other potential clients my daughter is excited to get started. I guess we'd better schedule the luncheon soon Kleinste Motte.
PS. Paramedic micro-pigmentation is a cosmetic procedure to touch up scars.

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful tatoo though tatooing isn't for me I can still appreciate the beauty of the pic ;-) I know it is exciting when one is learning something new for a living. I do hope you can get together for your luncheon soon as it sounds like SMK will be busy soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, your daughter does beautiful work! I'd be interested in what kind of courses or education you need to do this. Do you have to be certified? I do enjoy seeing the tatoos that are pretty colors ike this, and not just the normal red and dark blue, which seem to be so prevalent. You wouldn't believe how many tatoo shops are around here! They seem to be on every corner, how about where you are? I would think your daughter will have a thriving business! You got a great shot of that arm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter has always enjoyed applied arts courses. She studied fine arts at university. Last year she completed an intensive course in tattooing and began her practicum. Watching her put tiny amounts of ink into skin point by point to achieve a desired affect has gained my respect.It is art She's a capable young lady who may do paramedical micro-pigmentation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is so wonderful for you to find someone from the past and get to meet with them again. in our world of people no longer staying in one place, but moving all over the country and world, it is a true pleasure to find someone. your daughter is truly talented and a very good artist.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, the tattoo is gorgeous! I can't imagine how much work must go into creating such artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always been fascinated with the art tattooists use. This is a very interesting post!

    Thank you so much for dropping by my blog to see Woman in Bark. Have a perfectly marvelous day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely art no matter where it ends up!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your daughter is very talented... I know you are proud of her... That little bird is very pretty!!!!

    Have a great weekend.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete