Saturday, November 5, 2011

Leaving

    Monday she flies to Fredericton, NB. She spent three years at UNB working on her thesis. Now the time has come for her to defend it. I wish her well. Once this is done she will have earned her MA in creative writing. She also has a BA in CCIT and a certificate in digital communication. And she got certified to teach. She studied hard and did well but I wonder if this will be enough for her future. Jobs are so hard to get.

The next years of her life will be spent in the UK with her mate but first she has to get permission to reside there. So for now she will continue to carry on in a distant relationship. Her skills are definitely geared for that. Hopefully she'll be leaving soon to be with her love. It's not easy to watch her having to wait but it will be harder to see her leaving.

8 comments:

  1. even with all she has, the job market is tough, all over the world. i wish her a quick review and a nice job over there

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing her (and you) well in her travels. It's not easy being in the work force these days, anywhere. She's certainly going to have plenty of education, which is always a good thing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart goes out to you. It's hard to watch her leave, I'm sure. I hope things work out for her. Sending lots of hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish her the best, and I'm sure she will soon proudly have her MA. And yeah, long distance relationships are not fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The purpose of motherhood is to equip your children with the necessary skills to leave you.

    Your job is done, I am sure your heart will be very sad.
    But if you send her a Pflaumen-Streuselkuchen occasionally, she'll remember you fondly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do love Friko's wise and humorous comment :) I am afraid I'd also be feeling ever so torn were my daughter to leave South Africa for distant shores. I know we have no right to hold them back, but it's not easy to see them go. Big hug xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds as if you have a smart young lady on your hands...she will do well and is already making you proud.
    You just have to have great visits like I do with my daughter!
    xo, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  8. The job market is very tough but I wish her luck. Hope you have been well and your eyes are okay.

    ReplyDelete