Friday, November 11, 2011

11.11.11.11

In a few moments the ceremony will begin. Silence at this moment to remember the many who gave their lives to fight for freedom in the wars gone by. The poppy has become a symbol of this day of remembrance. The poem
'In Flanders Fields' is always recited. Guns give a salute. The last post is played by a lone trumpet player. Wreaths are placed. Tears are shed. We shall not forget.
Our national anthem is just being piped over the media signalling that the process for today is officially about to begin. And as long as I can remember I have been part of this event.Today is no exception.

PS. I posted this blog at the exact moment and then I paused to watch the ceremony. Later I posted photos on my other blog.

8 comments:

  1. great idea, did not think of this at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember too ever since I could remember :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this post and all the remembrances. Tears are shed today, all around the world, for the sacrifice our veterans have made throughout the years. Blessings to you today, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't realize Canada celebrated this holiday too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember observing a moment of silence at school. And at work too in later years.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We do this every year, and nobody ever learns.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We all should be very thankful for all those that have served and be sad for all the ones who's life was taken so we might live. Thank you for coming by and leaving nice kind comments. Hope your family has a nice Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete