Thursday, September 29, 2011

Dopey

For the first time I found it harder than usual to get back on my feet after the dope they used to relax me for the recent procedure. I developed a nasty headache on the right side of my skull that opted to pound and throb until about 2 hours ago. Finally I was able to make the effort to get outdoors with Buddy. We had a lovely stroll collecting some pretty colorful leaves. We enjoy our walks together. This one helped me to clear the last dopiness out of my system. Tomorrow I will get back to wedding plans.

8 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your 'dopiness', Kleinstemotte. Hopefully it will pass soon, as these things do.

    A little bit of dopiness for pain relief or anesthesia ought not lead to pain. Sadly sometimes it does.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, I am Dopey without the anesthesia. LOL. glad it went away, i think as we age, NOT THAT YOU ARE, it takes longer to kick off things like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. After my colonoscopy, I felt dopey all week.
    Not a bad feeling, just an out of sorts feeling.
    It was like having jet lag. After a week, it went away. Someone said it takes that long to get the stuff out of your system. Drink lots of water.
    Hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think a little exercise also helps to get that stuff out of your system. I'm the same way after they give me Verced, which is what they use here. I felt pretty out of it for several days, too. Glad you're getting better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry you're feeling "Dopey", but I agree with DJan, getting fresh air is likely making a difference. I hate that dopey feeling, too. I dislike pain pills for that reason. Fuzzy headed isn't fun!

    Hope you're back to wedding planning soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you feel better! Sending hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you have fully recovered and are busy with fun things!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am glad you are okay, this procudure can be very unsettling. Gkad you had a nice walk with Buddy. Hope the rest of the week goes okay,

    ReplyDelete