Wednesday, October 6, 2010

A Burr Thing

Wild or whacky?
In my previous post, sometime in September the burrs were covered with spider silk. The spider did not stay long. It's outcome is your guess  Chance plays a timely role in all things. Here it is; I stumbled upon something odd as I googled 'sticky burrs' yesterday and that took my post into a completely different direction. I have always likes books. In my early school days I managed to read every book that was catalogued in our school library by the time I reached the eighth grade. When new books came in they were given to me first. I was proud of that honour especially since English was not my first language. My passion for children's literature remains but it's a bit of a mystery how some material seems to find me.  Sticky Burr is the main character in a relatively new children's book series, "The Wonderful World of Sticky Burr". I imagine kids who like creepy, crawly things might enjoy it. Seems Sticky Burr is as talented as his multimedia young author, John Lechner. Would his books be a worthwhile Hallowe'en treat? You can see for yourself by getting a glimpse here.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Heidi, Sticky Burr looks like a great little children's book... I had a friend (now lives in Colorado) who collected children's books... She had some great ones --but I don't remember Sticky Burr.

    That would be a great gift for Halloween.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spent a lot of time with the real things when I was little--pulling them out of my socks!!

    I will have to check out these books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to pass that link on to my grand kids. They will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "hand claping" for you! ... in having read so much when you were young.

    The book, Sticky Burr, looks very interesting. My little Miss Merritt would love having me read it to her. I will look for it.

    Gerry

    ReplyDelete