Wednesday, December 25, 2013

A SPECIAL MOMENT

   Today Buddy was our family Santa. He wore the cap and carefully picked up each package, read the tag and passed it to the recipient.
He was most happy to be doing this. For days he's been telling me he feels like there's a spirit of Santa in him. He even described to me that he felt as though there was a hologram of Santa in his head. I asked him what he meant by that. 
He laughed,
 "Well, it's a 3D Santa. Don't you know about holograms? I learned about that at the Science Centre at the laser show and it was fun. I love my Santa in my head."
  It made me think back to my childhood. I recalled having my own images of a Santa. And I suppose those of us who have been a part of that culture with Santa in it, we have all had our own images and dreams over time. Recall all the drawings, stories and movie versions that we are surrounded with and that have sprung forth from creative imaginations.
  We hope you are having special times with your loved ones at this festive time too.
                           MERRY CHRISTMAS

9 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Santa Buddy and all the rest of you. the tree is really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful Christmas images (photo and imagination). I'm so glad you have Buddy to celebrate the wonders of Christmas. Have a wonderful season and a blessed New Year in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A 3D Santa in him... love that. Merry Christmas, Heidi to you and Buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful thing to have in your head: a 3D Santa! I love Buddy and I've never met him. He's a lot of fun to learn about. Thank you for sharing him with me! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, Heidi! Happy holidays to you and Buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely tree and love Buddy's description of Santa in his imagination.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet story! I hope your holiday was a wonderful one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hallo liebe Heidrun,
    zunächst einmal wünsche ich dir ein gutes neues Jahr 2014! Glück, Zufriedenheit und die Erfüllung all der Wünsche,die einem wirklich gut tun...
    Ich freue mich über ein weiteres schönes Bloggerjahr mit dir.
    Liebe Grüße,
    Christa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Heidrun, like Buddy, I have a picture of Santa Claus in my mind and it comes from a lovely statue I have of Father Christmas. It's made of material that been heavily glued to form the statue. It's quite lovely and was given to me by a friend maybe 25 or 30 years ago. Peace.

    ReplyDelete