Sunday, February 2, 2014

SUPER BOWL, SNOW and MORE

  Our backyard furniture gives an indication of how much snow has fallen in the past little while. 
    January was brutal with lots of snow and this first weekend of February is no different. Buddy and I have shovelled both days and there was a lot of it to move. The snow ploughs love to block in the driveways and add to the burden. However this was a happy time for we frolicked around a bit and tried to have fun moments in that white powder. 
   Buddy healed fast from his surgery in early January so we were able to spend some time away in the Caribbean sun from the 22nd to the 29th. It was the best time we've spent together thus far. We both returned revitalized and full of positive feelings.
   My rosy cheeks are from being out in the snow and the tan gives my face a healthy glow I think. This photo is from today. Notice my many glasses so I can read and type this. Hopefully tomorrow that will change for I'm off to the eye surgery in the morning and I'm actually excited in a pleasant way. I'm very hopeful. Once it's over and the outcome is good I'll be back more regularly.  
   Did you enjoy the Superbowl? I hear roars and whistles from the family room as the game plays on. But I'm off to meditate and prepare for the early morning after posting this.
  Hope you are keeping well at your end too.

9 comments:

  1. Hey, Girl! You are looking good! I do the two pair of glasses thing myself. My readers aren't good for the computer, so I have a pair for that, and then I have a pair for driving. I keep leaving them laying somewhere. LOL!

    Gosh, the snow you have there, is that normal? Wow. It is pretty, but...

    Nothing like a trip to bring up your spirits. Glad you had such a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It wasn't a great game. The Broncos just sort of collapsed, but the Seahawks, my team, won BIG. Love the picture of you, and yes you look very rosy and healthy. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to see an update from you! oh, my the glasses... I tell you this aging business is really getting on my nerves!

    Glad to learn of Buddy's quick recovery and oh I can't think of a better way to heal than lying in the Caribbean sun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look great with that sun glow... glad you both got away for a while.. hope the eyes will be back to one pair of glasses soon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe if I kept all my reading glasses on my nose I wouldn't constantly be looking for a pair! Very creative ;-) but hopefully your eye surgery will allow you to be creative in other ways.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hallo liebe Heidrun,
    oooooooh, welch eine Menge Schnee!!! Das ist ja toll aus!! Hier haben wir keinen Schnee. Einmal hat es nur ganz kurz im Dezember geschneit. Es ist kalt, aber wunderschöner Sonnenschein und blauer Himmel. Da lohnte sich ein schöner, langer Spaziergang.
    Liebe Grüße,
    Christa

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look happy! Hoping your eye surgery went well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Heidrun, I so hope the eye operation went well. Please do post when you can and let us know. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hallo liebe Heidrun,
    was machen die Schneemengen? Sind sie schon weniger geworden? Bei uns hat es in diesem Wetter nur 1x ganz wenig geschneit. Es war wohl der wärmste Winter seit vielen Jahren. Und jetzt grünt und blüht es inzwischen an allen Ecken.
    Wie geht es dir nach deiner OP? Weiterhin alles Gute.
    Liebe Grüße,
    Christa

    ReplyDelete