Friday, June 3, 2011

Fitness by Wii

The other day my girls decided to set up the fitness part of the Wii that sat in an unopened box for some time. They were planning to get fit together. I watched and was quickly lured in and just had to give it a try. Along came the best active fun I've had in ages. The activity options are huge!!  This screen shot shows a few.
Below you can see I'm trying hard to move my body in order to control the ball to score points and burn a calorie or two. It will tell me how I did when I've completed the task.
It's fun. For me the true value in this was it forced me to use all my faculties in ways I had not done for some time. 
Definitely stimulating, I can see why senior centres have started to offer it as means to stay youthful! Family members are ready to challenge me. I will have to work hard to keep up.

8 comments:

  1. the rehab center where i volunteer has one of these, they area all in wheel chairs and can still exercise from their chairs. they love it. this is a good thing for you and right in your own living room, no gym needed

    ReplyDelete
  2. I played with my brother's fitness Wii when I visited in March. It was fun, I was surprised at how much fun I was having... glad to hear you are hooked on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! You are inspiring me to get mine going again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When they came out, I wanted to get a wii, but our son showed little interest, so we passed on getting one. I wish now that I had gotten one. I am sure they would help with all things concerning body and mind.

    A good thing for me to consider! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've tried a friend's Wii - I'm glad I did before I bought one; totally bored with it within 15 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like fun. My granddaughter lives with us and has a Wii, I might just try this. Hope your eyes are doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think they are great...anything to keep us moving. Did you get sore muscles?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our Granddaughter has one hooked up to the TV in the family room. I'm not too good at it, but I haven't practiced much. Don't do too bad at darts. LOL

    ReplyDelete