Saturday, January 1, 2011

First Day

   It only takes one nano second after midnight to slip from one day to the next, one decade to the next and one year to the next. It's New Year's Day 2011 and we are blessed with rain. Gone is the snow after a day of unusually warm temperatures (9C/49F). And on this rainy day we are preparing for a trip to attend my nieces wedding in the Riviera Maya. Our flight leaves at 6 a.m.  We'll be gone till next Sunday. Some of you now understand why I feel a bit of anxiety each time I fly with my family. 
   For the first time, hubby's younger brother, wife and three of their five adult kids will be on the plane too. Two are coming from different cities. And there are many others joining the group wedding package. Having not yet met the groom, his family and friends, the first thing we'll do once we have arrived is to have a little get together with everyone. That's so we can at least recognize one another as our paths cross at the various activities in the resort. 
   The weather will warm (26C/78F) and partly cloudy daily for the week and I'm praying ours will be a fun and relaxing trip. If all goes well (no detours,or unscheduled layovers) I hope to be back January 9th. And with " No royals to bail me out if things go bad", I bought travel insurance just in case of turbulence. 

Thanks for all your good wishes and the very generous support. It is a New Year!!!



12 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Heidi. Enjoy your wedding festivities. I pray you travels there and back are smooth and enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. May this trip have only happy events and relaxation! God speed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely trip you're planning, Kleinstemotte.

    I hope you have sunshine. I love weddings and this one sounds extra special.

    Have a good holiday

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be thinking of you. Blog to us as soon as you get back so we know all is well and went well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a safe trip and enjoy your time with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I pray you will have a safe trip and a really good time while you are there. Gerry

    ReplyDelete
  7. enjoy, not sure where riveria maya is, but hope it is warm and beautiful for you. and if i were you i am not sure i would ge on a plane ever again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a wonderful year! I'll be looking forward to your full report when you get back!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Travel insurance is always a good investment when traveling this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have a wonderful trip and hope you come back happy and refreshed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ok, its been a week now, where are you? hope all is well and you are not ill or snowed in.

    ReplyDelete