Saturday, March 20, 2021

SPRING2021

 This morning it arrived quietly as earth lined up in distance of equator to sun. And it will happen annually. Now we will warm up and days will continue to be longer in my area.

Each year it is different but each year in the northern hemisphere plants wake up as does all sorts of life. We humans feel an urge to enjoy new growth. Many set out to plant gardens and tend to those already created.

But this spring is different. The corona virus from last year has become worse and is forcing us to alter many ways of daily living into small contained spaces to avoid getting the mutated deadlier version of Covid 19 variant. We had hopes of it passing but now another wave, a third, has come. And more variants are cropping up.

Spring seems less exciting with the Covid all around the earth. We are getting vaccinated but it does not prevent the virus from affecting anyone. It just lowers risk of severe illness. So how do we get it to be gone? This is the second spring with Covid. Will it be our last? 

That question has a double meaning.Enjoy you outdoor gardens but stay safe. Enjoy festive days but remain in your small bubble. Be hopeful.

Buddy and I are getting jabs on Friday. Hubby has had one. We are in the Pfizer

Spring  2921

8 comments:

  1. I am just so happy your family is getting vaccinated. I've had both but am nowhere near confident. Stay safe and well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get my second Pfizer jab tomorrow. I am so glad to hear you and Buddy are getting yours soon. It's not perfect but so much better than if we didn't have any vaccines at all. And I'm so happy to see your "face" back in my news feed! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Heidrun, sorry to come so late to your posting, which is filled with hope and expectation. I've been away, due to health concerns, for several months. But I'm so glad to learn that you and Buddy are now vaccinated. I am too. Still, I wear my mask when out and about (which isn't very often). I hope your health is better. This being patient with the changes wrought by time isn't easy for me. Is it for you? Yet I find myself growing into not just an acceptance, but an embrace, of what aging is and who I now am. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Heidrun, I'm so glad to learn that you and Buddy got vaccinated. Like Arkansas Patti, I'm wondering how often we'll do this. Every year as with flu? Or every 6 months? And what have we learned? Hope you both are well. I decided to give up following politics as I find it so disheartening. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I looked forward to spring and sunshine but it rained so much and was quite cold. Now it's summer and scorching hot. No in between. I long for the moderate weather we used to have. It seems climate changed has reversed all that. I'm trying to ho with the flow as they say. I hope you and all your family are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, Heidrun! How are you? You have come to mind, you and Buddy, several times in the past few days, so I thought I would stop by and say hello. I have not posted in months, but I do read blogs from time to time. Hope you are well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. And here it is end of summer. Hope things are ok with you Heidrun. Jerry and I have been vaccinated yet numbers are still rising (I'm in Oklahoma now). One day it will be all over!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I’m so glad you’re protected. We’re now deciding when we should get our booster shot.

    ReplyDelete