Tuesday, June 24, 2014

LOST

   The last few weeks have past like a blur and June is nearly over. I have spent this month travelling for a week with Buddy and then recovering from some viral thing because I let go of my super stringent diet and supplements. Now I'm slowly getting back on my path and my head is clearing though my vision remains a bit blurry. It's amazing how fast my vision can become blurred and just as quickly get better. I do not understand how that works. I've been adding MSM to my supplements to help deal with microbes I've got and it has had some interesting side effects including my mood swings. I'm hoping I shall be able o get stable soon.
   Buddy and I are spending some time following the Fifa games and love the way people all around are showing their enthusiasm. I guess living in such a multicultural city lends itself well to this type of following. I wear the German T shirt. Buddy has adopted the Spanish but also favours the Mexican team.
  I've spent some time reading  many articles about many things from microbes to future robotic technology and wonder what the world might be like in 30 years from now. I was one of the women who was open to getting all the latest tech goodies like the Apple 2C when it came out in the 80's. I had the latest movie camera and the bulky huge cell phone. Now I sit at the macbook writing this to share with you.
   I love to blog but I have found that I am avoiding making the effort to stay updated. I have given much thought to why but I cannot come up with a solid answer except that perhaps my energy level is down. I am suspecting that a bit of depression has hit me. I have a sense of feeling lost but don't know why. I am not exercising properly so that could be a good place to start moving forward. I also noticed I miss having people around. I have to find more people to surround myself with. I have Buddy and hubby but neither seem to be able to stimulate me  to a level of activity that I do well with. 
   What's going to be my way back from feeling lost? Lately I've tried some new apps, challenging games on my iPad and iPhone. And now I'm searching for an app that get's me up and walking more. 
   Lost in my own world is bugging me. I struggle to get off my chair more regularly and move about daily. Mini vacations are fun and keep me temperately active but they are masking what's really going on?    Laziness ???
This was taken on our latest trip June 6th to 14th.
The smile does not reflect my latest bout of feeling lost.
Where will I find a friend that I can hang with since I seem to feel I need one?

8 comments:

  1. If it's any comfort whatsoever... I empathize with you totally. I have been so preoccupied with trying to make sense of 'my' life that finding a pal has been really hard.

    I have found acquaintances but … not that special crowd that stimulates. Lately, it's been trying to keep my mouth shut from all the haters .. jeeez there's a lot of people who hate. ~ just as soon be by myself!

    Regardless, Heidi … before I decided to come on down to Ft. Rucker to be a g'ma… ;) there were days ~ I literally could not get out of bed. I knew I had to do something. Isolation ~ is no good. Buddy and your husband are there but as you said… you need to be stimulated. I understand this so well!

    You have done so beautifully with Buddy. You need to do for you … Is there a senior center where you are? I joined one two weeks before my son offered me the option I took.

    It has two swimming pools and tons of activities. I knew each city or town is different but Little Rock has some really great centers. I forget where you live.

    I know it's trite to say … but … hang in there ~ put a crack in the lost bubble you're in. I even bought a bag of balloons… dead serious… blew 'em up and let some loose by holding the lips and watching 'em fly about! haha… or bouncing them out of the way when I walked.

    I think at one point to try to find something in me to smell about … I blew up probably 25 or more balloons… got to where it really did tickle me … I kicked some pretty hard to.

    I say .. whatever works but one thing for certain… I HAD TO COME FIRST IN SOMETHING. me …. just for me. going out for an ice cream cone once a day and parking my car as far away in the parking lot as I could to get THAT much exercise.

    Blogging has really helped me… I just get it all out there. AND surprisingly Facebook … I enjoy it. I get into some pretty good discussions. I have two groups … one for solo women travelers and another for us old folks … it's an old Yahoo group that I have tried bringing to Facebook.. and 40 members have joined ~ not very active… but it's there and we communicate… we were in the Yahoo group for over ten years.

    If you're on Facebook, give me holler! it is socialization … sure is. I need that stimulation too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. smell about? HAAhaaa... smile about... and I kicked pretty hard tooooo not to. jeeeez! I thought I proofed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hallo Heidrun,
    herzliche Grüße aus Antwerpen,Flandern,
    Nadja

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am doing the same thing and i don't think it is laziness.. i do blog every day but i never go out of the house. i go to get food and to they gym each morning for the pool. other than that i spend all day every day in the house.. i am not lost just don't have the get up and go to get out... i watch TV and read and take photos in the yard and blog and that is it except for housework which i do as little as possible. i live in paradise and any number o things to do is 20 minues away. the effort to get dressed and go is just to much

    from what i read in comments we are not the only ones... i would like to have a friend to go places with but have none..i have tech friends on line but that is not good
    i have been thinking of an art class or some time of class but still have not done it

    ReplyDelete
  5. I, too, "spiral down" into low energy and avoiding my computer and blog. Having "walking buddies" helps perk up my physical, mental and emotional well-being.

    Like you, I need to forge a few new relationships as all my buddies are at the age of dealing with their own physical issues as well as grandchildren and aging parents. I still get together with one. She is a joy and a decade younger than I am. Maybe I can connect with a few women younger than i am.

    Best to you. This comes with a prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have gotten some very good advice from your commenters, Heidi. I am an outgoing person and very active naturally, so I don't suffer quite so much from isolation. I have a few friends to do things with, and I also have my Thursday hiking group and my Saturday walking group.

    Facebook and blogging has filled an important niche in my retired life, too. I realize I need intellectual stimulation and get it from those two sources. I'm also sending you a prayer along with this comment. Thanks for reaching out. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Heidi,
    Just taking a moment to catch up on all my blogs. I have not been good at keeping them up to date b/c teaching 700 kids a week is time consuming but I do love it.

    I am feeling a little down these days too. Summertime with time on my hands. My daughter's friend lost her mother, who was only a few years older than I am. My other daughter breaking up with her boyfriend. I think it is hard to keep a smile on your face all the time. But, I must say I smiled when I saw your lovely face in your beautiful hat.

    Cheer up my cyber buddy! You are awesome and I miss talking to you.

    Check out my library blog. I love what I am doing.
    http://educationalfingertips.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi!

    Just wanted to say hi.

    There is an old song called "Message in a Bottle." The singer throws his message out into the sea, but then realizes there are a hundred million bottles scattered on the shore. Seems he's not alone afterall and neither are you.

    ReplyDelete