Tuesday, October 15, 2013

CHESS

There are many games to be played and one that I was lucky to learn at an early age was chess. It's amazing over the years how the moves of the game have become almost life itself for me. Often I have found myself in the check position but then somehow I have always manage to regroup and figure a path away from the final blow!
We just returned from a week at a resort in Cayo Coco where we soaked up the sun, walked, danced, played and met up with some lovely people who were also taking a break. It's so rewarding to see Buddy love the attention he gets because of his abilities and good nature. He seems to be able to break down some barriers people had until they met up with him! 

I have not taken the usual time to blog because it's been harder on my eyes now. And I know now that I shall have to use every minute of daylight to its max because once it get dimmer I see very little. I am slated for eye surgery on December 2 to remove the right vitreous and to replace an implanted lens with a stronger one. It is my better eye so if this surgery fails then I guess I feel like I'm another step closer to that dreaded checkmate? Perhaps I'll learn to play by touch? Or sound? The game still has possibilities right?

I continue to read your posts and leave my comments as often as I dare. If my vision improves then I'll have much more to share and enjoy along with you.
Buddy is missing sharing with you too.


11 comments:

  1. glad you had a good time and buddy looks great... sorry to hear your eyes are worse and i do hope the surgery will be a success and help your sight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so hoping that your surgery will be successful, and now I am feeling quite humbled that I am one of the blogs you have commented on! Thank you, dear. December 2 is the day after my birthday. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice to hear from you! A visit to a sunny resort, wonderful.
    I am sitting here dumbfounded - I didn't know they could change out those plastic lens. I hope the surgery goes well!
    I never learned to play chess, I don't know if they have come up with a board for the visually impaired or not.
    Take care of you and yours.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your vacation sounds idyllic. I hope your surgery goes well and you stay far away from checkmate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. DEar Heidrun, I so hope that the December 2nd operation goes well and that you do not enter a "dark night" of sightlessness. And yet, even if that happens, I trust that you--with your indomitable spirit--will find good within the situation.

    What a blessing Buddy is in your life and in the lives of all those he meets and disarms with his pure innocence of spirit. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope your surgery goes well and helps your problem. My Mother is losing her eye sight and they tell her this is nothing else to do for her. She's legally blind in her right eye.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, I haven't heard from you in a long time. I am so sorry about your eye, mine is very bad as well and I will also need surgery. I know yours will be fine, the doctors do wonderful things now. So glad you and Buddy had a great vacation! Phil teaches chess and has many awards, I would LOVE it if you could play a game with him. He plays on Game Knot, an internet chess website. You can go there and look him up if you want, a lot of people play each other on that site.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for coming to my blog a while back. I hope your surgery will be very successful. Your stay at the resort sounds nice and relaxing. I do not play chess but both my grandsons (5 and 7) went on a “chess camp” this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how very wonderful that you all had a lovely vacation. The memories will last forever. As for chess, I don't have a clue! I am a checkers girl! Wishing you well and will try to come back and visit more often.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I pray for you that your eye sight should be well after the surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Praying for your surgery to go well, Heidrun! Glad you guys had a wonderful vacation.

    ReplyDelete