Thursday, February 10, 2011

Art's View

Today a fellow blogger's post gave me a start. Just last week I sent him an email asking if all was okay because I had not seen anything new for a bit. Now I know why. 
We can all use a bit of encouragement when life sends us a curve ball so I encourage you to visit his post There he describes his sudden, very recent massive heart attack. He posted from his hospital room where he's awaiting by-pass surgery in the next few days. Kindly send Art some prayers and love. Even better, become a new follower :) :0) :D
PS You may also want to take a peek at his son Al's post. I think he's very worried about his dad.

10 comments:

  1. Oh, my heart goes out to the father and son. I know what it is to be worried about a parent. After a week in nursing home, mom is already back in hospital tonight and I am far away. Her right leg has an infection (again). Please add her to your prayer list and I will add Art and son. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the support. it means a great deal to me, and especially my dad.

    His surgery is scheduled for tomorrow morning (imagine that -- a surgical team working on a Saturday!). I'm heading down shortly to be there with him.

    We also set up a website with CaringBridge to provide his friends and loved ones with updates: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/artelser

    ReplyDelete
  3. As you might already know, my BIL died yesterday from emphysema. He was only 67 and I already miss him, so I know how much his son is worried about him. We all need to deal with illness and loss, and I am sending Art some love, since I can relate. Over to his blog now, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks Heidi, i went and left a message for him

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prayers being sent! Very fortunate that he got to the hospital and is having the surgery!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will go and visit. It's generous of you to enlist support for him in a difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Heidi, This is a good post and so true. I am off to visit your friends blog and wish him well.
    Thank you so much for your visit and the message you left for me. Yes, all is well around here, hope you and Buddy are fine. Gerry

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sending thoughts and prayers to Art and his family. Will check out his blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just terriable, I sure will go to the link. Thank tou for sharing this. Have a nice Valentines Day.

    ReplyDelete