Saturday, December 22, 2018

TROUBLED TIMES

   The times are changing globally in so many ways I find it disturbing. Perhaps I am somewhat weird in my thoughts but for some time now my gut suggests that the the US president while appearing to attempt to make America great is actually just a misguided puppet secretly hoping to win over approval from wealthy Russian leadership for his own future. At the same time I feel that Putin and his men have fund that they came weaken the US by inserting foolish ideas into the mind of the US leader thus weakening that nation both internally and globally.
It is so had to watch how all is just unravelling.
It bothers me that all regard for allies is being ignored. I wonder what our Prime Minister Trudeau will be able to do now that he has involved himself with the China CEO.
And Trumps' shut down of the department of Justice really has me wondering. Is he trying to mess with law keepers?
As I listen to news from countries around the globe I sense 2019 will be one that may bring us hardships we had hoped to avoid.
   Brexit has caused unrest too.
 Refugees galore are hoping for a new life but the global communities are not really set up to cope with the high volume of them.
  I feel rather uncertain about how it can be shaped back to a positive direction. 
How are you coping these days with the current events? Do you see a better outcome? Please do share your point of view.
My post is not a researched one. All is intuition.

Did you know the concept of a nutcracker is centuries old?
Happy Holidays.

6 comments:



  1. "How are you coping these days with the current events? Do you see a better outcome? Please do share your point of view. My post is not a researched one. All is intuition."


    Heidrun,

    I read a book once about intuition that said our gut feelings are based on many, many observations and experiences we have had over time. While we may describe it as a feeling, it is really our mind telling us something based on accumulated data, much of which we are not even aware we possess. I thought that was amazing!

    I am more hopeful about recent world events. (I wonder, is this just because we are two people who have had different experiences and, so, different intuition?)
    Things are changing faster than they used to, it seems. Some changes are good. Some not. I don't see Russia as a threat. I grew up during the Cold War when it was part of the USSR and I remember the feeling that they were our enemy. But I do not feel that way now. Not even Putin.

    I think that our media does not always get it right. I think we can't always believe what we are told. Even us. Even in America. Even in the EU. When I was a child my mom knew a lady who had lived in Germany when the Nazis were coming to power. She said they learned to believe the opposite of what was said on the news. (Today people throw around the word Nazi and it doesn't always mean an actual Nazi. But that's not my point.)

    My point is that the media screams bad news so much and calls Trump so many names (including Nazi) that it makes me feel like we are being brainwashed. It is too much. It is not even realistic. I think he is not a bad guy.

    Um... so... how are you? :-) I wonder if I can make this comment more upbeat and Christmasy somehow... fa la la la...no? Ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your post and Sandi's comment, total opposite points of view. I agree with yours, but my brother agrees with Sandi. that is our problem in the USA.. we are almost completely split down the middle, for or against everything from Trump and his wall and anything else. my fear is that is how things were during the American Civil war, split down the middle and we know how that came out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I DID NOT vote for Trump, some say they did because he seemed the lesser of the two evils, Trump or Clinton. I'm very surprised he HAS NOT BEEN IMPEACHED by now. This old world is changing so much and so fast. I don't have anything to say that would or will change anything, except my right to vote at election time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I share your sense of unease about the world today. I have lived long enough to see good things fall away, and other uncomfortable moments change into better ones. Since there is little I can do change the larger picture, I concentrate on the smaller one of my own little life. I can make things better for those around me, so that is what I concentrate on. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do not know the story of the nutcracker; maybe you will post it sometime. Yes, politics are at an all time low now in my opinion. I just try not to think about it, and pass it by on the news. I wish for you a lovely and peaceful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Heidrun, we here in the States are now into the 32nd day of the government shut-down. A narcissistic president who believes the world revolves around him and a Republican Senate afraid to say "no" to him and a Democratic House that has to stand for something that neither the president nor the Senate understands since so many have no moral compassion leads us to this shutdown. I just have to keep trusting that somehow out of this mess some good will come, not only for the United States but for our Allies and the world. Peace.

    ReplyDelete