Monday, April 30, 2018

A Gift of Tulips



It is the tulip that evokes several special memories in me.
1 buying my Mom’s favorite cut flower each March around her birthday
2 seeing flelds of colours while landing in Amsterdam age 10 April ‘57
3 taking a group of grade 7/8 on a 3 day field trip to,Ottawa May 1071
4 receiving colourful ones often from hubby and sometimes the kids
What a joy to know this Dutch flower is now found globally in gardens.
The bulbs were gifted by the Dutch to nations of their choice as royal gestures.
The one on our table is so warm in colours. All we need now is a warm outdoors and it is to come today.


7 comments:

  1. beautiful tulips, and so glad you are getting warm weather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tulips are wonderful, and must be appreciated for the short time we hae them in our gardens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the tulips that have graced our gardens and fields this past month. Your pictures of the lovely tulips are so lovely, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Heidrun, thank you for sharing your tulips and your history with them! I read a fine book once about Holland and tulips and the tulip wars, but I can't remember its title! Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are gorgeous. You have wonderful memories about tulips all through your life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those bright orange colours! I often choose that exact colour when buying tulips. So pretty! Nice to see you blogging. Yes, spring is finally here.

    My daffodils are up - all leaves and no flowers. I wonder what happened this year? Oh well....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, Heidrun! Tulips are my favorite too.

    ReplyDelete