Saturday, June 25, 2016

CHANGES

I cannot begin to tell you how my heart sank when SIL entered my room early yesterday and announced we're out! Oh my goodness what have the small majority of Brits done? Nations around the globe are reeling in disbelief as am I.
I feel the new tech savy younger folks were wise to vote no. It seems the older population went for yes possibly because they are just not getting the point that one cannot turn the clock back and live a simpler homegrwn life while incomes are now generated on an international playing field.
As for all being better for Brits? Not likely. Scotland voted to remain in UK because of EU ties and now that has gone sour. Scots want to stay in EU so guess what's next?
A split? Another referendum?
The shape of UK as we have known it may well become further fragmented leaving it vulnerable to many issues with trade and security since costs will be higher as they fumble to make new agreements and cancel old ones. Those who voted no have managed to get it all messed up for seemingly few benefits.
For me this democratic process went terribly wrong. And it is likely a lesson the folks in the US as their November elections draw near. A power shift seems to be coming. A weaker Western world appears to be forming. A divide is happening according to my instincts.
Do not blame Wall Street or those who have managed to keep wars from your shores. Something else is going on. Even if Clinton gets in it will be a very tough term as powers shift around the globe.
I sense a new order heading our way. It feels to me like our whole economic, medical, technical, agricultural and educational intitutions are in for a major overhaul. Our current systems will not house nor feed future generations and the youth know it.
I wonder how you "see" all this my friends?

P.S. Baby has yet to appear and no wonder eh? Buddy and hubby are missing me now for two weeks have gone by since I departed.
P.P.S. My hubby's eldest brother passed away June 23.

5 comments:

  1. i know buddy misses you and sorry to hear about your brother in law... i agree our world is shifting, the whole world is and add all of what is happening to the climate changes and we have a big mess of a perfect storm... hard times are coming and we are not ready because most people don't remember the really hard times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a dream last night ... some of us were stranded on the moon. This probably from worrying what the world is coming to. The more I hear about Brexit, the more I figure the whole thing could blow up in their faces. Could be a tough road to travel once things begin to really change.

    Sorry for your loss ...

    That baby is taking her own sweet time, isn't she?

    ReplyDelete
  3. My condolences on the loss of your brother-in-law.

    About Bretix, I think Britain will weather the storm and it will work out. Things change. They'll make it through. I am hopeful.

    My brother lives in Europe. He was shocked by the voting results (I was too) and is unhappy with the result. So I suppose it is all in who you ask. But I still think they will find their way. Us too, here in the USA.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too was shocked by the results and am following the news obsessively. Not that it matters now, but I read that those who voted to leave are now having second thoughts. The world is changing, that's for sure, and I wake each morning to read the news with dread that something else awful has happened. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, now it’s official: we have an economic, constitutional, political crisis on our hands. And God knows what else. Boris for leader! OMG.
    A German paper showed him hanging on his trip wire with two little British flags in his hands under the caption : Dieser Irre wird wohl bald Premier Minister.

    Boris and Donald, what a team that would make! I despair.

    ReplyDelete